Tuesday, May 31, 2011

City of Bones - Review


When Clary Fray heads out to a Club, with her best friend Simon, in New York City. She hardly expected to witness a murder. Much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange markings. This is Clary's first metting with the Shadowhunters, warriors that kill off demons-and keep the odd werewolves and vampires in line. It's also her first meeting with gorgeous, golden-haired Jace. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in an ordinary human like Clary? And how did she suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know...

Okay so basically it's about a girl named Clary who mother is disappears and Clary has no way to know where, or why she's gone. Then she is attacked by a demon and is saved by non other then Jace. She is taken to the Institute to find out just how she has the Sight and why and where her mother disappeared to...
I read City of Bones awhile back and I decided to write a review and tell you guys what I thought about the book.
Plot ☆ ☆ ☆ - I thought the plot was decent and at times I would get excited about what was going to happen next in the book, then I would be a little disappointed that these things happen and these other things didn't happen...I got frustrated.
Writing ☆ ☆ - I thought the writing was a little thrown together at times and sometimes it was just...way to detailed. I mean I don't really want to know that the ceiling was white and covered in bumpy looking popcorn. Mind you that was just an example and no way in the book- at least I don't think it was.
Characters ☆ ☆ ☆ - I thought the characters were good, a little annoying at times, but good. Let's begin my little character review with...

Clary - She was not the heroine I would have pegged her to be. She was whiny and she was just plain...whiny! She could never stick up for herself and save her own butt when it was in trouble. Clary would always have to wait it out and wait for someone to come and save her...

Jace - God could he have been anymore arrogant and obnoxious? I thought that he was way to...well into himself is the easiest way to put it really. He could fight and he saves Clary's butt like, I don't know how many times, but that doesn't mean I have to like him.

Isabelle - Did anyone else think she was a bitch at first? I did and I didn't like her most of the book, I thought she was way to snotty and thought she was such a bad-ass that it made me want to puck...! But then as the book got a long I found myself liking her, only when she didn't think that she was the hottest girl in the world and that Clary was just some stupid human.

Alec - I don't know I didn't like him. He was a jackass, enough said.

Simon - I liked Simon. I thought that he was a pretty cool character. He was nerdy and geeky, but cool at the same time.

Hodge - He gave me the creeps, I didn't like him at all...

Luke - I thought he was a cool character. Great guy to have on your side and at your back when in a fight.

Overall I would have to give this book ☆ ☆ ☆ - no more and no less.

No comments:

Post a Comment