Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hush Hush - Review



Romance was not in Nora Grey's plans. She had never been attracted to any boy that went to her school, even with her best friend, Vee, pushing them at her. That is until Patch showed up. With his easy smile and deep dark eyes, that look deep down inside of her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgement. But after some terrifying events, Nora's life is turned upside down and she doesn't know who she can trust. And Patch seems to be everywhere she is and seems to know more about her then any of her closest friends. She doesn't know if she should fall into his arms, or run and hide. When she seeks out some answers she finds out things that she wish she hadn't...for she is in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those who have fallen- and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice could cost Nora her life.

What did I think of Hush Hush...again. Well I can say that I loved every second of it! I'm so glad that I reread it, and read it in less then two days to boot! Okay now on with my review...

Plot - ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ As you can see from the five stars I gave it. I totally loved the plot, and how it leaves you wanting more and more!
Writing - ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ I give the writing five stars because I loved and it was original, well to me anyway. I loved also that it wasn't chalked full of cliche, that's what really won me over...!
Characters - ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ What can be said about the characters, only that I totally loved them! I loved them all from Nora, Patch (especially Patch XD), Vee- even Marcie, Nora's acrh-enemy! I know Marcie's not in the book that much, but she was the classic arch-enemy and every books got to have one!

Nora Grey - I liked that she was strong, but weak at the same time. I mean if you were face-to-face with a fallen angel who kill you with the snap of his fingers, wouldn't you be a little weak and afraid? Now she had her flaws, I mean who doesn't? The biggest of her flaws is that she doesn't listen to her instincts and puts herself in needless danger when she could have easily avoided it. Now you might be thinking "What is she talking about?" and then other's are probablyl be thinking "What needless danger?"  
(view spoiler)

Patch - What can be said about Patch... Can you say, bad boy to the core? I loved him and that he was so arrogant and full of himself, but he didn't rub it in peoples faces- okay maybe he did that a little to Nora- okay maybe he did that  
a lot to her, but she was an easy target so, yeah. You can tell right away that he's up to no good. He wants something from Nora, but just what does he want from a plain ordinary girl...? (view spoiler)

Vee Sky - She was the typical best friend, always trying to fix Nora up with a guy, but Nora never really asked her to. It was both sweet and considerate, and annoying all at the same time!  
(view spoiler)

Dorothea - She was a your typical strong and fiery older woman. At times I thought that if she got into it with anyone she would come out the victor.

Blythe Grey - You can wrap Blythe Grey into two words...overprotective parent. And that's to be expected when a year before her husband was  
(view spoiler)

Marcie Millar - I know I know she wasn't in the book that much, but she was still a good character so I had to mention her. She's your classic arch-enemy and I say this in all seriousness every books got to have one!

Ms. D. Greene - I can't say much without giving to much away, but I'll just say two words and that will be the end of it...cold and withdrawn.  
(view spoiler)

Elliot Saunders - I both liked him and disliked him. I thought he was sweet and your all bred american boy, but some how I found him sort of creepy...like he had something to hid.  
(view spoiler)

Jules - Can you say uber creepy? I didn't like him at all and I think that what Becca F. was aiming for- mind you that is only my opinion.  
(view spoiler)


Overall I would have to give this book ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ - no more and no less!

No comments:

Post a Comment